Lately, we have made several entries in our blog about the benefits of curiosity and creativity. Today we will explore the benefits of arts and crafts for kids. This is a good way for children to express their creativity and explore new materials and the different ways of bringing them together. Below we describe other benefits of doing arts and crafts for kids:
Physical Benefits Of Arts And Crafts For Kids:
Drawing with pencil, crayon, and marker, as well as trimming and pasting, can help children develop and strengthen their motor skills. Because art and crafts often require children to use both hands (for example, when holding a paper in one hand while cutting with the other), these activities can strengthen children’s ability to coordinate the activities of both hands at once. (It may seem easy, but think of the difficulty with which we learn to tie shoes.) And activities such as drawing, using materials to make sculptures, and making designs, improve children’s visual and spatial abilities.
They Help Children’s Self-Regulation Skills:
It takes patience to wait for the paint and glue to dry or to hold on to carefully place a piece of paper in a mosaic design. So participating in craft activities can help children develop important self-regulation skills. (Just remember that practicing self-regulation does not mean that the result has to be perfect).
Improve Decision Making And Critical Thinking:
While developing art projects, children make many decisions, such as “Will the cow prettier painted blue or green?” In other words, it is a good time to practice decision making and planning creatively. Therefore skills are then transferred to other types of decisions as if it would be good to share with a friend to simply grab the ball. Moreover being able to think about whether the blue cow or the green cow would be cuter gives your child time to practice critical thinking and can also increase his confidence in his ability to make decisions.
- Moreover they provide time to teach and participate in positive activities with children. It can be fun to create things together. It gives parents and children time to talk about various things as if they prefer blue or green.
- It can also be a good time to practice cooperation and problem solving (how to do when one person likes one color but the other person likes another (paint half of the blue cow and the other half green.
- It is necessary to share the materials, too, but most importantly, as we say in the post about creativity, the experience of creating something can lead to feelings of well-being and happiness, what a good thing to share with your child.
- It is not very difficult to find arts and crafts for kids. Pinterest is a great resource and there are thousands of ideas on other websites.
- Craft stores also have kits with projects for children. Just remember that choose what you choose, the result does not have to be perfect. All they have to do is have fun.
Cards For Friends And Family: Arts And Crafts For Kids
- Fold a piece of thin cardboard in half and decorate.
- Write your message with a pencil on that cardboard and have your child trace.
- Fix a picture of your child.
Use colourful sketch pens and have your child trace onto the card.